A collection of articles about the icing of soft tissue injuries, the practice of ice baths, and the mounting body of evidence that shows that inflammation is the body’s first physical response to repairing tissue, and without it healing does not happen.
- Post event recovery – beyond the ice bath for Masters Athletes. – Nicki Cooke, IC Sports Therapies
- Why Ice Delays Recovery – summary of a 2014 article by Gabe Mirkin, MD, who coined the term RICE.
- Queensland Researchers pour cold water on ice baths – researchers from the University of Queensland and QUT.
- Ice Age Melting: Rice May No Longer Be the Treatment of Choice for Injuries – article with further studies, plus quotes from Gabe Mirkin.
- Questioning the Use of Ice for Injury Management – AMT Blog
- Putting ice on injuries could be doing more damage than good – Sydney Morning Herald 13/10/19
- Why inflammation is better for you than you may think – Sydney Morning Herald 16/10/19